Not a bad week, everything considered. I missed out on Oklahoma State's win over Texas Tech, my Hokies' collapse against Boston College, Northwestern's fifth straight loss and USC's dismantling of Oregon State. But I also got it right for Michigan State and Georgia.
Last Week: 15 - 4
Overall: 156 - 44
(7) Miami (7-0) 20 @ (3) Florida State (7-0) 37: As predicted, Florida State beat Miami and moved into second in the BCS standings. Now it's Oregon's chance when they play Stanford Thursday night. Correct. 14 - 41.
(4) Ohio State (8-0) 51 @ Purdue (1-6) 10: The Buckeyes are doing all they can, just waiting for one of the teams ahead to slip up. History would indicate that they have a solid chance of that happening. Correct. 56 - 0.
(8) Clemson (7-1) 35 @ Virginia (2-6) 13: This one was even worse than I thought it would. Correct. 59 - 10.
Tennessee (4-4) 23 @ (9) Missouri (7-1) 27: If not for one bad quarter, Missouri would still be in the national championship hunt. They can still play a role, as it's pretty certain the Tigers will be facing Alabama or Auburn in the SEC championship game. Correct. 3 - 31.
(11) Auburn (7-1) 41 @ Arkansas (3-5) 16 : The Razorbacks played better, but it wasn't enough. The question now is, does Auburn have enough to take down Alabama? Correct. 35 - 17.
UTEP (1-6) 17 @ (12) Texas A&M (6-2) 57: The Aggies did what was expected of them. Correct. 7 - 57.
Mississippi State (4-2) 20 @ (14) South Carolina (6-2) 27: The Gamecocks looked like the top ten ranked team they were at the beginning of the season. Now they need someone else to knock off Missouri. Correct. 16 - 34.
(18) Oklahoma State (6-1) 30 @ (15) Texas Tech (7-1) 31 : The tough part of Texas Tech's schedule is starting to take its toll. The Big 12 race is still wide open and Oklahoma State, believe it or not, still controls its own destiny. No. 52 - 34.
Nevada (3-5) 27 @ (16) Fresno State (7-0) 37: Now I'm hoping Fresno State wins out and gets in a BCS bowl where they will undoubtedly get crushed . Correct. 23 - 41.
(17) Northern Illinois (8-0) 38 @ UMass (1-7) 13: Another easy win for NIU. Correct. 63 - 19.
Colorado (3-4) 20 @ (20) UCLA (5-2) 34: The Bruins are still in contention in the in the Pac-12 South with some big showdowns left. Correct. 23 - 45.
(21) Michigan (6-1) 17 @ (22) Michigan State (7-1) 28: Michigan State served notice that they are clearly a team to be reckoned with in the Big Ten. That defense is certainly for real and now they get a week off to prepare for Nebraska in the game that will decide the Big Ten Legends division title. Correct. 6 - 29.
(24) Wisconsin (5-2) 27 @ Iowa (5-3) 24: The Badgers showed up and squeaked out a win at Iowa. They Correct. 28 - 9.
Navy (4-3) 20 @ (25) Notre Dame (6-2) 30: Notre Dame should have been able to handle Navy more easily than they did. Correct. 34 - 38.
USC (5-3) 20 @ Oregon State (6-2) 27: Ed Orgeron has turned USC around. If I was Pat Haden, he'd be on my short list to remove "interim" from in front of his head coach title. No. 31 - 14.
Kansas (2-5) 13 @ Texas (5-2) 30: Texas is in control in the Big 12 after a very rocky start. I don't think they can run the table, but if they do, no one will be talking about firing Mack Brown, new AD or not. Correct. 13 - 35.
Georgia (4-3) 27 vs. Florida (4-3) 21 (in Jacksonville, FL): Believe it or not, Georgia still has a shot at the SEC East title. Sure, it's a long shot, but the possibility is still there. Correct. 23 - 20.
Virginia Tech (6-2) 23 @ Boston College (3 - 4) 14: Are the Hokies as good as their BCS ranking of fourteen suggest? Are they as bad as their 0 - 2 record since that ranking? Probably neither. No. 27 - 34.
Northwestern (4-4) 30 @ Nebraska (5-2) 27: The Cornhuskers stayed alive in the Big Ten Legends division, but they have to travel to face Michigan in the Big House to keep their Nov. 16 matchup with Michigan State relevant in the race. No. 24 - 27.