"Unplayable Lie - A PK Frazier Novel

My new book, "Unplayable Lie - A PK Frazier Novel" is the fourth installment of the wildly popular series and is now available in print and in e-formats at PK Frazier Follow me on twitter @kevinkrest.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

NFL WEEK THREE PICKS RECAP

It was a much better week, but still some surprises kept me below my week one total of 12 correct picks. The Giants finally showed signs of life, just in time to play the Redskins in a big Thursday night battle. Kansas City did the same, emerging from what had been a major hibernation. And the Chargers made the long trip east, but still managed to hand the Bills their first loss of the season.

Last Week: 11 - 5
Overall:   31 - 17 

Tampa Bay (0 - 2) 17 @ Atlanta (1 - 1) 34: Correct. I thought this one could get out of hand, and it did in a big way. Atlanta 56 - 14.

San Diego (1 - 1) 20 @ Buffalo (2 - 0) 24: No. The Chargers improved to 2 - 1, their only loss by one point to a tough Arizona team. Watch out for San Diego. San Diego 22 - 10.

Dallas (1 - 1) 27 @ St. Louis (1 - 1) 24: Correct. Both teams showed up, just in different halves. The jury is still out on the Cowboys, but 2 - 1 isn't bad considering how they've played. Dallas 34 - 31.

Washington (1 - 1) 27 @ Philadelphia (2 - 0) 30: Correct. I got this one pretty much on the money. Once again the Eagles dug themselves a hole, but came back to win. Philadelphia 37 - 34.

Houston (2 - 0) 24 @ New York Giants (0 - 2) 20: No. "...this being the NFL, I wouldn't be surprised if the home team pulled a surprise." That was my comment in my pick, but I didn't back it up with the correct prediction. New York Giants 30 - 17.

Minnesota (1 - 1) 17 @ New Orleans (0 - 2) 30: Correct. The Saints won, but still not by dominating on offense. Not sure what's wrong in New Orleans, but Brees and Company need to score more points going forward. New Orleans 20 - 9.

Tennessee (1 - 1) 16 @ Cincinnati (2 - 0) 27: Correct. The Bengals are looking like a real contender in the AFC. However, the AFC North appears to have some teeth again, so they need to keep up their quality of play to win a division crown. Cincinnati 33 - 7.

Baltimore (1 - 1) 23 @ Cleveland (1 - 1) 20: Correct. As predicted, this one was close, but the Ravens found a way to come through. Three AFC North teams are tied at 2 - 1. Of course, something will have to give in the coming weeks. Baltimore 23 - 21.

Green Bay 27 @ Detroit 24: No. I was so conflicted on my pick in this game I thought I'd picked up a win when the Lions won. Not so. I had gone with the Packers against my normal home team bias in close games. Oh well. Detroit 19 - 7.

Indianapolis (0 - 2) 30 @ Jacksonville (0 - 2) 23: Correct. I gave the jags way too much credit in my pick. But I was right in that the Colts were due for a big game. Indy 44 - 17. 

Oakland (0 - 2) 16 @ New England (1 - 1) 31: Correct. The Pats prevailed, but they weren't exactly dominant against a weak Oakland squad. Fortunately for New England, no other team in the AFC East looks like a world beater. New England 16 - 9.

San Francisco (1 - 1) 24 @ Arizona (2 - 0) 27: Correct. The Cards have emerged as a true contender to defending Super Bowl champions Seattle in the NFC West. Arizona was the only team to defeat the Seahawks on their home field last season. If they can replicate that feat, a division crown could be theirs. Arizona 23 - 14.

Denver 20 @ Seattle 27: If Seattle would have had to kick the extra point in overtime, I'd have picked this score on the button. But the Broncos certainly looked like an improved team in this Super bowl rematch. Seattle 26 - 20.

Kansas City (0 - 2) 21 @ Miami (1 - 1) 27: No. It looks like the Chiefs finally woke up, or the Dolphins are not as improved as I thought. Kansas City 34 - 15.

Pittsburgh (1 - 1) 17 @ Carolina (2 - 0) 27: No. The Steelers looked a lot more like the first week winners than last week's loser. I was surprised at the lack of defensive intensity by the Panthers. Pittsburgh 37 - 19.


Chicago (1 - 1) 23 @ New York Jets (1 - 1) 20: Correct. The Jets seem to be this season's close but no cigar winners. They could be 3 - 0, but can't seem to get over the hump. Chicago 27 - 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment