"Unplayable Lie - A PK Frazier Novel

My new book, "Unplayable Lie - A PK Frazier Novel" is the fourth installment of the wildly popular series and is now available in print and in e-formats at PK Frazier Follow me on twitter @kevinkrest.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

SOCHI OLYMPICS ATHLETIC TRAITOR

RUSSIA, REALLY?: Today, American Vic Wild won his second snowboarding gold medal of the Olympic Games while competing for Russia. Wild, who married a Russian Olympian, is nothing short of a total athletic traitor. I'm sure Wild would maintain he has the right to do whatever he wants within the rules of international competition. I maintain that I have the right to voice whatever opinion I have of his reprehensible decision. I don't know much about his background or history, but I'm pretty sure he benefited greatly from the freedom and opportunity our great country has to offer. This smells like a money grab to me while Wild chooses to take his "loyalties" to his new country. As far as I'm concerned, the guy can stay there and be denied entry back to this country at such time he decides that his birthplace may offer a better deal. Sorry pal, you had your chance. If Wild thinks Vladimir Putin will care about him after his snowboarding days are over, I think he'll be unpleasantly surprised.

MORE OLYMPICS: The men's Olympic hockey team laid a giant egg today against Finland, losing 5 - 0 in the bronze medal game. I can understand that there was a letdown after losing a tough 1 - 0 game to Canada on Friday. But you've got to be kidding me. The real travesty is that the U.S. - Canada game came in the semifinals, not the finals. Despite losing today, I can't help but think that the Americans would have been able to take care of Finland had the game been a semifinal matchup. The overtime win over a strong Russia team denied the Americans the chance to be seeded first in the knockout stage, setting up the semifinal against Canada. Once again, the U.S. will have to wait four more years to get their first gold medal since the Miracle on Ice in 1980. But again, 5 - 0 to Finland? Really?

TOO MUCH INFORMATION: I think we may have reached a saturation point when it comes to the NFL. ESPN today was running results from the NFL Combine on its screen tracker. I now know who ran the fourth-fastest forty yard dash among tight ends. Thank goodness, because I'm not sure I would have been able to muster the energy to go to church tomorrow morning without that knowledge. Of course, I haven't yet seen who posted the fifth best time among wide receivers, so I may have to attend a later service...

RAISING MONEY FOR MARKETING: I'm in the process of raising money to market my first book "Illegal Procedure - A PK Frazier Novel" and subsequent publications in the same series. You can click on the link below to get more information about contributing to the effort.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/679450/wdgi/6365361


No comments:

Post a Comment