"Unplayable Lie - A PK Frazier Novel

My new book, "Unplayable Lie - A PK Frazier Novel" is the fourth installment of the wildly popular series and is now available in print and in e-formats at PK Frazier Follow me on twitter @kevinkrest.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

SEC Championship Game Comments

Wow! That's the only word I can use to describe the SEC Championship game this afternoon in Atlanta. I mean, come on. Really? When was the last time a big game lived up to the hype and expectation? Watching that game between Alabama and Georgia, all I could think was "This is why I'm a college football fan." Defense? You got it. Tough line play? Check. Big plays? Plenty of them. Special teams? Absolutely. Down to the wire excitement? Yeah, baby!! I know I may be a bit biased, being an SEC team season ticket holder and all that comes with that, but I have a hard time believing Notre Dame will be able to stay with Alabama for sixty minutes.

I have a lot of respect for what the Irish have accomplished this season, but the match up just doesn't favor the Golden Domers. Alabama's offensive line is probably the only one in college football that can move Notre Dame's front seven off the ball. And the weakness of the Crimson Tide, its secondary, will probably not be threatened by an Irish offense that is not particularly explosive. In addition, you're giving Nick Saban five weeks to prepare for the national championship game. Notre Dame has been good at times, great at others and just plain lucky in a couple of more instances this season. They'll need all of that and more to come away from Miami with a victory.

Take this one to the bank...Alabama 27 Notre Dame 16.


No comments:

Post a Comment